Peel Off Nail Polish Brings Out the Kid in You!
Sula Paint and Peel Nail Polish in Modern Mauve
I had gotten tired of painting my nails, watching them chip for a week, and then getting out the nail polish remover. So when I heard about Sula Paint and Peel water based peel-off nail polish for grown-ups, I was excited to try it! Being able to peel the polish off seemed so much more hassle free. I bought the duo, which came with nail color in modern mauve and top coat.
Things I Like About Sula:
- The color was beautiful. It was a bright cheery lavender. Although, the color does dry to a darker shade than it looks in the bottle.
- It was fun peeling the polish off. Oh, so fun! I almost wanted to paint my nails with it again as soon as I had peeled it off, just so I could peel some more!
Things I Did Not Like About Sula:
- The smell! Most water based nail polishes have very little smell. The paint and peel is actually perfumed. Whose brilliant idea was that? It gave me a headache until the polish dried and the smell faded away.
- The polish goes on very streaky. I thought other reviewers were just being picky and wanting the polish to behave just like a regular polish. But it turns out it really does paint on unevenly.
- The top coat is not water based and smells the same as any old solvent based top coat. I would have rather just gotten a single Sula nail polish and not the duo with top coat.
The polish looked good on my nails for about a day, which was fine, since this is a temporary polish. After two days I peeled the polish off. I recommend soaking your nails in warm water for 5 minutes and loosening the polish near your cuticles. Then peel the nail polish off in once piece.
Peeling Off Sula Nail Polish
I really love the colors that Sula offers. I am thinking of getting a single polish in Azure. Does anyone know if the single polishes also have perfume in them?
If temporary nail polish is not really your thing, find out more about long-lasting water based nail polish.